Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

The Calendar is Done!

So excited to share my calendar design for 2018!





I've been working long hours to churn out next year's wall calendar for our shop Papemelroti.  It took a lot of overtime I must say since there was a lot of nice stuff to put in there.


The concept was travel and sketching, 2 things that (most) everyone likes doing!  




The idea of making drawings of buildings and cultural elements from different countries came from my (brilliant) husband ahem ahem.  I must say I wouldn't have thought this up just by myself.


I learned so much from making this project.  The calendar includes quotes from that country so for example, the saying "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved" comes from France. (which is actually 2 things).  




Each month also includes a load of interesting trivia and of course my illustrations.  These were definitely fun to do!




It would be fun to go to each of these places and experience these same things!  How about seeing the building with a highway running through it?




At the back of the calendar there is a small pocket where you can keep something from your favorite memories like a bus ticket or movie passes...





I hope you find time to check out my calendar as well as Papemelroti designer Elyse Pilapil's wall calendar at all Papemelroti stores around Metro Manila!





Here's wishing you the best year of your life in 2018!


Comments

  1. Beautiful, thanks so much for sharing. It's hard to believe it's that time of year again already, but getting organised with things like this now is so helpful. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart is so full when I read comments like yours! Thank you so much and hope you enjoy the rest of this wonderful year!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this calendar! This is way cuter that what I usually print out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thank you for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your nice and beautiful calenders. I love them all and can’t decide, which one I will take. I guess there will be one for every room in my flat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like these! Hope your year is going swell! Just finished my design for 2019!!! Weeee :)

      Delete
  4. Those are so cute! I really love the floral design you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Appreciate it a lot!

      Delete
  5. What gorgeous prints ! Perfect for staying organized and be inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for doing this. Your work is so lovely and it’s really kind of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for the visit! Sorry for the delayed reply, I just noticed that the notification settings were not on! Happy for your comment!

      Delete
  7. Hello Angela thank you for your appreciation for my design. This is the new one here for 2023 https://papemelroti.com/collections/wall-calendars/products/wall-calendar-2023?variant=42417828692166 (Wise and Worthwhile). Thank you for your recommendation on a digital calendar. Wishing you every success!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I hope you enjoy your time browsing this page. 🥰

posts you might like

Show more